Originally posted to :
One from today, and one for tomorrow.
I really should prepare more the night before… making bento in the morning is a horror ._.
Well, it’s not. It actually gets me to get up earlier and not after 10 snoozes of the alarm. But I’m usually late because I spend so much time arranging!
*hides from the horrible pun*
This one is vegetarian. Not vegan, there is egg and mayonaise.
* Two different vegetarian makirolls: Cucumber, avocado and carrot, and Cucumber, avocado, chopped leek and mayo. I was a bit afraid the carrot would be too dry but it got really nice and crunchy until lunch!
Also in the box are:
* Two inarizushi corners (I saw them cut into cute little triangles at a restaurant this weekend and wanted to try it! It’s a bit if a waste though if you don’t make your own pockets, since the other half can’t be used as pouch anymore.
* Tamago (which got really prettily marbled! I hope you can see it in the picture
* Lower tier (left): Oven-baked pasta with tuna, cherry tomatoes, and breadcrumbs. Parmesan “soil” and a tomato flower with basil leaves ^^;
Recipe: This is based on something you can make on a sailboat, so it's really simple! Chop onions, olives and some garlic, add a can of tuna, some fresh chopped tomatoes and a lot of italian herbs and pepper. Put them into an oiled, ovenfast dish and add cooked pasta, mix everything through very well, and add breadcrumbs to the whole mix. Make a thicker crumb crust on top, and also add some parmesan (maybe some flakes of butter if you’re worried about it getting too hot) and bake in the oven for a few minutes.
Ultra-easy, but filling and tasty!
* Upper tier (lower right): Carrot sticks, radish, avocado, cucumber sticks and a minitomato flower. Can you tell I had a lot of veggies left over from the morning's sushi?
And a dash of mayo for dipping with an olive in it.
* Bowl: Crackers to go with the veggie snack.