Long time no bento (I had some that weren't so great so I didn't take pictures, but for the most part I had my dad visiting and was leaving from work early, or was simply too busy/lazy).
* Cold Ginger, Soy and Honey Sesame Noodles from the recently linked Rachael Ray recipe. However, I replaced the spaghetti with Soba noodles. The flavour actually worked well, but there was a problem: at lunch, the noodles had become way too soggy for my liking. I took extra care to boil them really shortly and immediately rinse them in lots of cold water in the morning, but it didn't seem to help :( They were really good when they were fresh, though.
* Bottom tier: Broccoli trees with happy grape tomato bunnies. Or tulips. Or whatever you make of them, I don't know XD I ended up packing a sliced carrot in there as well since I had space left
* Dessert: Two plums.
* Snack: Lots of cashews hiding their unhealthyness under a sliced prune XD
Bonus: A breakfast bento from last week; I mainly took the photo to show off my shiny new tablecloth and the napkins that came with it. I'm using the napkins to wrap my bento boxes in now. They aren't actually such a bright orange but I gave my camera a color overload with this picture XD
* Yoghurt with honey (I love yoghurt with honey!) and dried fruit decoration
* Avocado pieces and a small container of soy
* fried egg
* Grape tomatoes
* Cheese sammich rolls (wholemeal)
Nothing special, but mmm… breakfast :)
Also, to those that eat sausage and like making octodogs and the like: I remember when I was little, my grandma used to make sausage “flowers” for me after a really simple recipe: just slice sausage (or hotdogs) to thin wheels, then make 6-8 small cuts around the edges about a third of the radius in. Fry the slices in a pan, and since the sausage contracts a little when fried, voilà! Flowers.
I could post an illustration but I think it's simple enough ;)